SLR is an all-volunteer, charitable organization serving the London and surrounding area. We depend upon the financial generosity of our members and others who believe that lifelong learning is an important element of healthy aging.
Our Guiding Principles state:
- We will be a financially self-sustaining organization, managing our affairs in a way that keeps our expenses at a minimum.
- Our membership is open to all, and in that spirit, our dues and fees must be kept affordable to all.
Donations are the only way we have to defray a host of operating costs (rent, telephone, internet, printing, marketing, etc), as we can’t do this through revenue from annual dues ($15) and registration fees ($65 maximum) alone.
You can make your tax deductible charitable donation online or directly to SLR . Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $10.00 or more.
- Online through the secure website Canada Helps (you will be asked on the first page of the site to: Enter Charity Name or Cause – type in “Society for Learning in Retirement London”. Follow instructions to make your donation).
- To donate directly, please make your cheque payable to SLR and mail it to:
c/o Grosvenor Lodge
1017 Western Road
London, ON N6G 1G5
Other ways to donate:
- Members can ask their former employer(s) about any “matching donation” programs or, if not, would they be willing to make a direct donation. If asked, that employer may also suggest other companies or organizations who might support us.
- A bequest in your will (your estate receives a tax receipt for the full amount of the donation)
- An “In Memoriam” donation in memory of a family member, friend or colleague who has passed away. This is a kind and thoughtful way to let others know you care.
If you have questions, please contact the Treasurer by leaving a message at the SLR Office: 519-438-3525. Your call will be returned as soon as possible.
(Your donations are kept in confidence, unless you specifically permit recognition in SLR publications.)