PLEASE JOIN US!
SPRING LUNCHEON AND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Thursday, April 20
Westhaven Golf and Country Club
7083 Egremont Drive (off Fanshawe Park Road West)
Cost: $25; AGM only: no charge
Join us for the 23rd AGM at our favourite spring venue for a delicious lunch at the elegant and picturesque Westhaven. The business side of the gathering will include the presentation of reports and a call for nominations for the Board of Directors, followed by some light entertainment from the Seriously Little Rehearsed Singers and Brenda’s famous jokes. Lunch begins at noon SHARP. Anyone wishing to attend the AGM only should arrive by 1:30.
THE SOCIETY FOR LEARNING IN RETIREMENT (SLR) is a member-run organization which provides learning opportunities for all those who are retired or semi-retired, regardless of their formal education. Our only prerequisite is that you share a love of learning with others and are willing to actively participate in your own and others’ learning.
Members participate in peer-learning groups on a variety of subjects. A feeling of camaraderie is fostered through group discussions and social events. If you love to learn, SLR is right for you!
We are a registered charitable organization and are sponsored by Westminster College Foundation.
- We believe that the experience and expertise of our members are our most valuable resources in the learning process.
- We believe that lifelong learning with others in an inclusive, friendly and engaging environment promotes healthy aging in our community.
- We provide small group-sharing opportunities with others who are open-minded and love the joyful adventure of learning new things, and thinking new thoughts.
- We foster active learning through presentations and engaging conversations.
- We are committed to continually developing new programs on topics of specific interest to our members.
If you believe that learning keeps you young and your brain active, enhances the quality of your life, and satisfies the hunger of human curiosity, then SLR is for you!