Please note: The SLR Office will be closed from December 16th to January 5th.
All calls will be returned on that day. 519/438-3525
Please join us for our Winter Open House and Registration
Thursday, January 12
Drop In Anytime Between
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon or 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
1017 Western Road
This is another opportunity to register for a study, activity, discussion
and/or interest group(s) of your choice for our Winter term
which begins the week of January 22.
It’s also a time you can talk with the moderators and facilitators
to learn more about the courses and discuss possible topics
and what is involved. Short information sessions will be
presented for prospective and current members who would like
to get an overview of SLR to discover all we offer.
It’s also an opportune time to meet new people and/or reconnect
after the Christmas holiday. As usual, refreshments are free.
Everyone is welcome – and please don’t hesitate to bring your friends.
Check the Study and Activity tabs under Programs to see what courses are still available.
THE SOCIETY FOR LEARNING IN RETIREMENT (SLR) is a member-run organization which provides a learning opportunities for all those who are retired or semi-retired, regardless of their formal education. Our only prerequisite is that you share a love of learning with others and are willing to actively participate in your own and others’ learning.
Members participate in peer-learning groups on a variety of subjects. A feeling of camaraderie is fostered through group discussions and social events. If you love to learn, SLR is right for you!
We are a registered charitable organization and are sponsored by Westminster College Foundation.
- We believe that the experience and expertise of our members are our most valuable resources in the learning process.
- We believe that lifelong learning with others in an inclusive, friendly and engaging environment promotes healthy aging in our community.
- We provide small group-sharing opportunities with others who are open-minded and love the joyful adventure of learning new things, and thinking new thoughts.
- We foster active learning through presentations and engaging conversations.
- We are committed to continually developing new programs on topics of specific interest to our members.
If you believe that learning keeps you young and your brain active, enhances the quality of your life, and satisfies the hunger of human curiosity, then SLR is for you!